Table of Content
- Step 1 : Create a new Facebook app
- Step 2 : Generate an Access Token
- Step 3 : Create an Extended Access Token
- Step 4 : Paste the Access Token into your module
Go to the Facebook developers portal and create a new app. (Skip this step if you already have an app)
On your app dashboard, visit the Facebook Graph API Explorer link directly from the top navigation menu, to generate a short-lived access token.
1. Select your app from the Application drop-down.
2. In the next drop-down select “Get User Access Token”
3. In the pop-up window, select the permission(scopes) for the user access token.
Select pages_manage_ads, pages_manage_metadata, pages_read_engagement, and pages_read_user_content permissions. If you would like to understand more about the permissions visit permissions documentation
4. Generate user access token by clicking on the “Get Access Token” button.
5. Select the Facebook Page from the list that you’d like to use it on a Facebook Stream Slider.
You can only use the Facebook Page that you’ve selected here for your Facebook Stream Slider.
6. Click next to confirm your Facebook App Permissions.
Submitting the app to Facebook for review is not required.
7. Copy the generated user access token to use in the next step
Navigate to Access Token Debugger. (To extend the access token expiry date)
1. Paste the Access Token into this form and click on the “Debug” button. In the Access token Info, the Expires will display (in about an hour)
2. Scroll down and click on the “Extend Access Token”
3. At the bottom of the page and you will get a new extended access token. Click on the “Debug” button and copy this new extended access token to use in the next step.
4. Copy this new extended access token to use in the next step.
5. Go to Graph API Explorer and paste the recently created extended user access token in the Access Token field. You need to change the API endpoint to access
6. Click on Submit button.
7. Now you can verify if the page access token is extended. Go to Access Token Debugger and paste the extended access token you received from the above step and click Debug.
Paste the Access Token into your Facebook Stream Slider
You can only stream Facebook Pages that you’ve granted permission on Step 2