You need to wow your website visitors and a seamless user experience is the key to that.
Showing a post in a regular blog is not that easy. Many use a list view to show their posts, which is a little boring.
A grid layout gives you more flexibility. It is visually more pleasing and gives a creative impression.
Grid layouts are very handy and there are a variety of WordPress grid plugins available. These can help you to organize your content in a neat and orderly fashion.
They automate the display of a couple of posts in a grid, saving space and giving your pages a visual appeal. This can make content more readable and understandable.
In this post, you will find the WordPress grid plugin that is best for you. It collates a selection of the most popular ones and outlines the features of each one.
The best out there: Essential Grid
Essential Grid is hands down the best in the game. If there’s one plugin that would make your website better more than others, it’s this one.
Essential Grid lets you display your images in a gallery format, whether from the WordPress gallery, social media, or elsewhere.
The attractive, user-friendly interface makes customization and selecting your format tasks straightforward.
You can use images or add WordPress content, such as blog posts or other custom post types (including WooCommerce products). Also, you can connect to external services such as:
The visual skin editor creates gallery item layouts. For instance, when creating a gallery for WooCommerce, you can include:
- Product price
- Add-to-cart button, and more
- Integration with other plugins such as WooCommerce
- Multiple gallery layouts, including a template library with 50+ starter grids
- Image, video, and audio galleries
- Galleries from posts or custom post types
- Create galleries from many different sources
- Galleries from dynamic sources, including Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Flickr, SoundCloud, and more
Here’s a glimpse of what you can do with Essential Grid:
Present your blog posts
Showcase your portfolio
Display unique products
Share audio files
Show your Instagram stream
WP Ultimate Post Grid
WP Ultimate Post Grid is full of user-friendly features that make your life easier. You can work and evaluate the changes you make in the same interface, thanks to the Live Preview feature.
This post grid plugin works with different content types. You can order your posts, custom posts, and pages in the way you like.
With this WordPress theme, you can see the results as you create and customize post grids.
When you finish customizing, WP Ultimate Post Grid generates a shortcode. You can paste this in any location on your page.
Key features that are worth mentioning include:
- Grid pagination
- Customize post content and order
- Custom templates
- WordPress post grid creation
- Post grid layout customization
- Customize the number of elements
- Grid embedding with shortcodes
This WordPress theme for displaying post grids lets you edit Gutenberg blocks. Being able to add custom queries enables you to make more complex queries for post blocks.
After creating these post grids it’s simpler to make a complete blog. PostX is a simple plugin for making blogs.
With PostX there are options for adding pagination and grid separators. You can control how the post grids and the lists display.
AJAX forms the technology behind the layout and you can add “Load More”, “Next”, and “Previous” buttons.
Besides that, there are many more features. Some of these include:
- Premade Starter Packs
- AJAX & Pagination Feature
- Multiple Post Grid and List Options
- Pagination & Infinite Scroll
- Customization Options
Thanks to its extended functionality, you can display various content on your website. With support for images, videos, and audio files, you can add almost any type of media content to your grids.
It’s also easy to display WordPress content, such as posts and pages in your custom grid layouts. This helps to create stylish blog post archive pages for your website.
This versatile plugin allows you to display your WooCommerce stor products in different ways.
Media Grid has more than 30 item skins, over 13 pre-loading animations, and over 40 animation styles. This plugin supports all types of custom posts, including multiple social streams.
- Dynamic Grids
- Visual Grid Builder
- Media support
- Revolutionary Lightbox
- Unlimited Attributes
- Use your Posts
- SEO Pagination
The Post Grid
The Post Grid is a simple and free WordPress plugin. It enables you to display your posts and pages in a grid, list, and isotope format.
It’s a responsive and mobile-friendly plugin.
You can create stylistic and great-looking grids within a few minutes. All this without requiring any coding.
You can use Post Grid to create grids for any type of content on your website. To that end, this plugin provides a lot of customization options for each element you create.
- Pagination and search options
- Content-type selection for each grid
- Create post grids
- Style and layout customization for each post grid
- Shortcodes for grid embedding
Latest Posts Block
This WordPress grid plugin comes with several ready-made Gutenberg blocks. So you can apply them to your blog posts and pages straight away.
Latest Posts Block can add elegance to your blog by arranging it in grids, lists, or tiles. No need to worry about the best arrangement.
You can customize most post layout settings. You can adjust the spacing between the boxes, set text size, typography, and colors.
The post grid plugin helps you to make everything fit and match. Add extra details by using box shadows, realistic borders, or border radii.
Below is a summary of its key features:
- Multiple posts query control. This includes category selection, number of posts, and order
- Font weight and subset adjustments for more than 800 Google Fonts
- 30+ post box layouts
- 10+ content control choices
- 6+ pre-designed content orders
- Category Style area for displaying appropriate designs
- Choose and show posts with a predefined query filter
Post Grid By PickPlugin
This post grid plugin makes generating a post grid easy. You can make something beautiful that does justice to your blog.
Arrange blog posts, archive posts, portfolio, and other work to impress your visitors.
Post Grid by PickPlugin allows users to edit styles with a special layout editor. The use of this editor requires basic knowledge of CSS.
This amazing plugin generates shortcodes for use anywhere on your WordPress site. In this way, you can show specific post categories, custom post types, and taxonomy.
Post Grid by PickPlugin has some amazing features:
- Queries of any post type
- Unlimited post grids
- Display of multiple post types on a single post grid
- Customizable grid width
- Responsive and works well on any device
- Toggle Pagination
Image Photo Gallery Final Tiles Grid
This popular plugin is a great solution if you want to make photo galleries fast.
The great thing is that this tool is responsive and the animations work well in any browser. You can choose from hover effects, lightboxes, and more.
Image Photo Gallery Final Tiles Grid includes these features:
- One lightbox included and additional support for EverlightBox
- Two layouts
- Adjustable image rendered size
- Adjustable margin between images
- Social media sharing
- Manual or random image sorting
- Video gallery
Post Grid Pro
This responsive WordPress grid plugin is completely mobile-friendly. It works well for displaying pages, posts, and custom post types on a grid, or in a carousel or list.
The great thing is that you do not need to know any coding.
To make a grid with this WPML plugin you need to go to the admin panel. When complete, you can insert it into your blog posts and pages.
You can choose to display WordPress posts by category, keyword, or tag.
Here is a summary of Post Grid Pro’s features:
- Enable or disable pagination on your website from the WordPress dashboard
- Customizable image sizes: thumbnail, medium, large, full, and custom.
- Use posts, pages, and custom post type as the source to display on your website
- Change text and button color and grid size right from the admin area
Ultimate Blocks is a Gutenberg post grid block plugin. It enhances Gutenberg’s capabilities when it comes to adding custom blocks.
One of the most popular blocks it offers is the post grid.
This plugin also allows you to add amazing grids or lists to your blog posts. You can select what category of posts to display in the grids or lists.
On top of that, you can modify the order in which the list or grid displays them.
This post grid block plugin is 100% responsive. The grids and lists will come out perfect on any kind of device, from desktop screen to mobile phone display.
Additional features include:
- Post category choice
- Showcase posts on grids or lists
- Complete responsiveness
- Three different layout options
Post Grid Elementor Addon
Post Grid Elementor Addon is a free plugin for WordPress. It creates post grids from articles.
Besides that, it has some useful options for creating and customizing blog post grids. The free version comes with five ready-made layouts and different customization options.
In the Query tab, you can select posts by categories or other parameters. You can also sort posts by date or title, or place them in random order on the grid.
Features that are worth mentioning are:
- Choice of five suitable layouts
- Stylish grid layouts
- Easy creation of new sections
- Customizable column structure
- Customization of the excerpt, featured image, grid alignment, metadata, read more, and title
- Customize the number of posts to show in one particular section
Display Posts is a handy plugin for gathering all your posts together in one place. You can also use it to show a specific selection of posts.
It has many of the features of other WordPress grid plugins. Howver, some notable features include:
- Alphabetical report of scattered posts, broken down by letter
- Article organization by month, year, or other parameters
- Showcase post-template components to complement a theme’s post listing
- Category option for showing posts from a specific category
- Control over the displayed information for each post with the Display Options
GS Posts Grid
This WordPress grid plugin helps you make a portfolio display with a personal touch. You can make an unlimited number of different grid layout designs.
The Media Grids feature allows you to make custom layouts that display media or posts in a unique way. Additionally, you have the option of filtering posts and paginating them.
Below are some of the most remarkable features of GS Posts Grid:
- Dynamic grids
- Media support
- Quick setup
- Revolutionary Lightbox
- SEO-friendly pagination
- Unlimited attributes
- Use your own posts
- Visual grid builder
The Grid is a perfect choice if you want to add quality post grids to your WordPress website. This plugin helps you to make the grids and fill them with your content.
The Grid gives you those abilities by providing a couple of grid templates.
Besides creating the grids, you can sort and filter posts in the way you want. You can have up to ten rows and twelve columns.
It aligns the content as free, basic, centered, and force-centered. You can also consider an autoplay slider with adjustable speed.
Key features include:
- Custom cache system for improved performance
- Practical interface with drag-and-drop customization features
- Three grid layouts and two modes
- Several developer filters
- Over 30 predefined and unique skins
- Up to ten columns and twelve rows in horizontal slider mode
This post grid plugin offers some special features.
There is a Block Editor that helps you to customize the post grid blocks. One of the features has the name Grid.
The editor lets you pick the type of content to use on your WordPress website. You can choose basic posts according to their taxonomy, for example.
There is also an option to select the posts by hand if you prefer. Besides the content, the editor lets you modify block styles and even add custom CSS.
Key features of Visual Portfolio include:
- Custom CSS
- Select post grid content
- Grid style customization
- Creation of post grid blocks for posts, images, and social media content
Smart Post Show is the rebranded version of Post Carousel. It is an excellent post grid plugin that allows you to filter and spotlight your WordPress posts.
You can display posts by category, tag, or format. To do this, Smart Post Show offers a grid layout or a stunning carousel.
The layout is easy to work with. Making a grid layout or a carousel does not require any coding.
Smart Post Show is completely responsive and incorporates some nice SEO tricks.
It allows you to decide how many columns and rows the page should display. You can adjust the numbers for mobile devices, tablets, and desktop screens.
Here are some important Smart Post Show features:
- Easy to use
- Carousel, grid, and list layouts
- SEO optimization
- Translation and RTL ready
Continuing the list of WordPress grid plugins is this practical example. Grid FX enables you to create grids based on your WordPress media library and taxonomy.
There is a practical drop-down menu for sorting and filtering the categories. This feature saves a lot of time and energy.
Grid FX also gives you control over what will appear on your page.
Here’s a summary of Grid FX’s most relevant features:
- Multi-language content support
- Embed images and videos from social media sites (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Youtube, and more)
- Display multiple grids on one page
- Grid creation with custom styles
- Combination of images, posts, and videos in one grid
This plugin specializes in the right grid layout for your WordPress posts. It is simple and easy to work with while carrying all the important features.
After activating the plugin, you can choose the content to display. You can then feature it in a list or in a grid layout.
You can select the media or posts by date, author, or some other category.
Content Views goes beyond the very basics. It keeps it simple, but you still have control over what your site shows.
Further features offere with this plugin:
- Grid layout configuration for desktop screens and mobile displays
- Grid and list creation for posts and pages
- Control over the fields a post should display in the grid
- Embedding of grids using shortcodes
- Grid pagination
News & Blog Designer Pack
News & Blog Designer Pack is a responsive WordPress grid plugin. It comes with a couple of blog templates.
Thus, you can arrange your posts in a simple post grid or a fancy slider.
This grid plugin is compatible with all themes and most page builders. It works with Elementor, Gutenberg, Visual Composer, and WPBaker.
A major advantage of News & Blog Designer Pack is that it uses shortcodes. You can copy and paste these to add post grids anywhere you want.
Here are some of its key features:
- Carousel or ticker display for featuring the latest posts
- Custom post support
- Hero Slider
- Grid layout to create blog pages
- GridBox Slider
- List and Masonry layout for posts
- Post Timeline
The last on this list of WordPress grid plugins is Post Revolution.
With this plugin, you can make your own custom layouts. You can feature posts, galleries, and WooCommerce shop items.
It supports Google Fonts, captions, excerpts, and has filtering options. On top of that, Post Revolution is 100% responsive.
There are three grid types to choose from. You can use them in combination with one of the eleven grid loaders.
Some of its other features include:
- 30 preloaded presets
- Endless customization combinations
- Full responsiveness
- Gallery source ready
- Item filtering by category
- WooCommerce compatible
Conclusion on the best WordPress grid plugin
As you see, there are many great tools for displaying posts. Showing them on a grid will impress your website visitors.
Most of the tools discussed above do more than arrange posts or other content. They select and accommodate what you want to display.
These features will make your job faster and easier.
If you enjoyed reading this article on the best WordPress grid plugin, you should check out this one with WordPress logo slider plugins.
We also wrote about a few related subjects like the WordPress plugins for photographers, best WordPress sliders, cool website header examples, the most innovative and creative websites, and full-page slider examples.